Terms & Conditions
We’ve kept this to a minimum, but it still goes on a bit.
Essentially, when you agree either verbally or by email that you wish us to provide the service or materials that we have described, we will both be entering into a contract.
Please note that payment is due within 7 days from the date of our invoice.
1. All work undertaken will be discussed and agreed prior to the start date and all work will be completed by Catkin Gardens Ltd or their appointed sub-contractors unless otherwise agreed.
2. The estimate/original price for work includes all labour and the supply of plants and associated materials.
3. Any addition and/or alterations to the contract shall be properly treated as variations and subject to written instructions and additional payments may be required to cover the agreed changes.
4. The Client shall provide water and electricity, if needed, at no charge to Catkin Gardens Ltd
5. The Client shall provide access to site and dry storage space for materials at all times during the works progress and during Catkin Gardens Ltd working hours which are typically 08:30 – 16:30.
6. Catkin Gardens Ltd is not able to accept responsibility for any damage to (or cost involved with) any underground hazards, obstructions or services not made known to us in writing or apparent on visual inspection.
7. It is very important and the sole responsibility of the Client to ensure we are made aware of any special/statutory bylaws/conditions/permissions that may be involved.
8. Severe weather conditions, including drought, may cause the delay of visits but this will not affect the original, agreed price.
9. In the event of severe weather conditions, it is the responsibility of Catkin Gardens Ltd (ie not the Client) to determine whether it is feasible to perform the scheduled work and to inform the client when the work has to be cancelled or interrupted. The client will not be charged for weather-induced cancellations, but a charge will be made for work performed up to an interruption.
10. It is the responsibility of the Client to remove dog excrement and litter from the site. Catkin Gardens Ltd reserve the right to withdraw from a job where such conditions present an unacceptable work environment.
11. Catkin Gardens Ltd will send an invoice to the Client after each visit or end of month if there are multiple visits per month.
12. Payment methods are by internet bank transfer, cheque or cash (by prior arrangement)
13. The Client will be responsible for all payments to Catkin Gardens Ltd.
14. We understand and will exercise our statutory right to claim interest and compensation for debt recovery costs under the late payment legislation if we are not paid according to agreed credit terms.